By Christopher C. Fuller, S. J. Elliott, P. A. Nelson
This booklet is a spouse textual content to energetic keep an eye on of Sound through P.A. Nelson and S.J. Elliott, additionally released via educational Press.
It summarizes the foundations underlying lively vibration regulate and its sensible functions by way of combining fabric from vibrations, mechanics, sign processing, acoustics, and regulate thought. The emphasis of the ebook is at the lively keep watch over of waves in buildings, the lively isolation of vibrations, using allotted pressure actuators and sensors, and the lively keep an eye on of structurally radiated sound. The feedforward keep watch over of deterministic disturbances, the energetic regulate of structural waves and the lively isolation of vibrations are coated intimately, in addition to the extra traditional paintings on modal suggestions. the foundations of the transducers used as actuateors and sensors for such keep an eye on suggestions also are given an in-depth description.
The reader will locate really attention-grabbing the 2 chapters at the energetic keep an eye on of sound radiation from buildings: energetic structural acoustic keep watch over. the cause of controlling excessive frequency vibration is usually to avoid sound radiation, and the foundations and functional program of such suggestions are awarded the following for either plates and cylinders. the quantity is written in textbook type and is aimed toward scholars, training engineers, and researchers.
* Combines fabric from vibrations, sign processing, mechanics, and controls
* Summarizes new learn within the box
Read or Download Active Control of Vibration PDF
Similar mechanical engineering books
When you consider that they entered our global round the center of the 20 th century, the appliance of mechatronics has greater our lives with performance in response to the mixing of electronics, keep an eye on structures and electrical drives. This publication offers with the detailed category of mechatronics that has enabled the phenomenal degrees of accuracy and velocity of high-tech apparatus utilized within the semiconductor undefined, realising the continual cut back in detailing of micro-electronics and MEMS.
Basics of Sensors for Engineering and technological know-how is a realistic research of sensors and size, designed to aid readers make educated judgements while opting for a suitable sensor for a given program. Spurred by means of a transforming into call for for info at the evolution of contemporary sensors, this publication evaluates present purposes to demonstrate their wide selection of makes use of, in addition to the various methods they are often labeled.
- Mechanics and Electrodynamics of Magneto- and Electro-elastic Materials
- Sustainable Energy Conversion for Electricity and Coproducts: Principles, Technologies, and Equipment
- Mechanik der festen Körper
- Introduction to Dynamics
- Advanced Direct Injection Combustion Engine Technologies and Development: Gasoline and Gas Engines, Volume 1
Extra resources for Active Control of Vibration
8) where t~' (-) is the derivative of the Dirac delta function with respect to its argument and the moment amplitude M has units of moment per unit length. This form and other two-dimensional moment configurations will be useful in Chapter 5 for analysing the response of plates to excitation by piezoelectric distributed elements. 12 Vibration of infinite thin cylinders In the previous sections we have studied the vibrations of planar structures. In this section we will deal with a brief study of an important curved structure, the thin-walled shell.
A= Jr/4 (after Junger and Feit, 1986). 1) we obtain P(k,, t)= F cos nO e j~'. e. as related to s) are included in the integral over the k domain for each particular circumferential mode. 1), gives the wavenumber domain (or spectral)shell equations of motion of the forced response of the system (for a particular value of n). 12. 5) ~2F/(pshto2) where the matrix T is the inverse of matrix L. (~) = p 2hto 2 T~. 7) where the time variation has been suppressed. 8) where ILl is the determinant of matrix L.
6) The instantaneous power flow in the positive x direction in the infinite beam for point * Here we use the commonly accepted terminology of 'power flow' although 'power' is the correct description. 7) and ogIF] 2 1-I~ = cos2(cot- kyx). 9) Note that the power flow II~B is both space and time invariant while the individual bending and shear components of the instantaneous power oscillate with space and time. 9) is identical to time-averaged power. Physically, this implies that at a constant axial location, the energy of vibration of flexural waves is flowing to and fro between the motions associated with transverse displacement and rotation as the wave travels through the observation point.
Active Control of Vibration by Christopher C. Fuller, S. J. Elliott, P. A. Nelson